- Holistic, Intergenerational Living for Seniors with Gardens Galore
- When Dementia Comes and Goes
- Paranoia and delusions: Is it the meds or the mind?
- Thoughtful Gifts for People with Dementia: 5 Creative Ideas Beyond the Usual
- A TV remote for dementia that does almost everything - that is, when it works...
Tag Archives: community
My husband and I made the long drive tonight to liberate Mom for a New Year’s Eve dinner out. She’s been in low spirits since the flu hysteria started (see my last post), and is now calling her residence full of … Continue reading →
Cohousing is all about options, preserving the individual with separately owned units, while nurturing community with common spaces and shared decision making, optional group meals, and cooperative events. Continue reading →
It doesn’t matter if you sit at home and stare at the ants on your verandah
or the shadows of the trees and grasses in your garden
It matters that you care
It matters that you feel
It matters that you notice……..
“I get in plenty of trouble when they see me come out here,” she said, “But let ’em fuss at me. I outlived all my children and I’m too old to care.” She snapped off a geranium head and tossed it over her shoulder with moxy.
Continue reading →