- Holistic, Intergenerational Living for Seniors with Gardens Galore
- When Dementia Comes and Goes
- Paranoia and delusions: Is it the meds or the mind?
- Thoughtful Gifts for People with Dementia: 5 Creative Ideas Beyond the Usual
- A TV remote for dementia that does almost everything - that is, when it works...
Category Archives: caregiver stress, support, and respite
Mom has been with hospice a few months now. I’d only heard the most fantastic things about them, so felt positive about this transition. Mom qualified not because she was dying, but because her doctor knew we’d both reached our … Continue reading
Mom lost her glasses 2 months ago. I haven’t noticed any difference since then in how well she can see or read. When she started saying that her glasses “didn’t work” anymore, only a month after her last eye … Continue reading
My sister and her son drove up from the south for Christmas, especially to see Grandma. The wheelchair collection provided plenty of entertainment. Before they arrived, I was concerned because Mom’s status is so wildly uncertain. All sorts of thoughts were … Continue reading
This is the third holiday season that Mom has asked me to send out all her Christmas cards, this after she unknowingly disposed of her address book listing contact information for her life-long friends. Since she tended toward social butterfly, … Continue reading