- Thoughtful Gifts for People with Dementia: 5 Creative Ideas Beyond the Usual
- Entering the Daunting World of Funeral Planning
- Holistic, Intergenerational Living for Seniors with Gardens Galore
- When Dementia Comes and Goes
- A TV remote for dementia that does almost everything - that is, when it works...
Category Archives: holistic health
I just received a holiday newsletter from one of my favorite inspirational writers, Brenda Shoshanna, the founder of Compassionate Care. (See end of this post for her website and more info.) Not only do I find Dr. Shoshanna’s advice to be incredibly wise, but … Continue reading
Resisting the Medicalization of Brain Aging – Essential Advice from a Geriatric Neurologist with Brilliance and Heart
I’d planned on reviewing a few different books on Alzheimer’s disease today, but one struck me as so riveting and essential to thought on this topic that it overwhelmingly merited it’s own distinct post. The refreshing and future-changing thoughts of the author, Dr. … Continue reading
Recently I had a succession of days when I found myself falling into a dark cavern of brain fog and was painfully unable to hold things together with the lists and support systems that usually help me keep life intact. I’ve always … Continue reading
anyone who hears your diagnosis and tells you what to do with your health is somewhat ignorant about the nature of disease and how we heal. People are incredibly individual in how they manifest certain illnesses.